Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Deep Blue Flowers

It isn't often that I venture outside of my home to take pictures. I just feel so awkward setting up my camera and tripod, running in front of it while it beeps like a bomb, and then momentarily hamming myself up for the picture in front of other people. Today, however, I had to take my brother to cello lessons and there aren't usually any people at the building on Sundays so I took my camera. Today, unfortunately, they randomly decided to clean it and I was running around like a mad person trying to sneak in a few pictures while they were cleaning the restrooms! I also didn't bring my tripod so I had to put it on benches and stairs and the floor. It was just a very harrowing experience overall!
Also, may I just add that I think downtown Tempe is one of my favorite places on earth. I don't plan on going to Arizona State University (ever), but I must admit it's in one of the prettiest bits of the Phoenix valley.
Bow: ModCloth, Dress: Charlotte Russe, Button: Homemade, Shoes: Second Hand
As an extra side note, one of my summer reading books for english next year is How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster. I was dreading it so much (doesn't it sound dull) but it's actually probably one of my favorite books now! I'm a bit of an english nerd (I want to be an author someday) and it just caters to it SO much. Not only does it talk about in depth analysis (which I LOVE to do) but also random things about the english language like the roll propositions can play in a phrase and how the language itself is arbitrary. For example, the word arbitrary is completely arbitrary; it's just a bunch of noices people speaking english have decided means what it does. Anyway, point being, if you're looking for a good book this summer, I recommend How to Read Literature Like a Professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment