Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Adventures at MacAlpine's

The Phoenix area doesn't have a lot of cool, unique places. Since it didn't really start to develop untill the 50s (and my suburb town the 80s-00s), most of the buildings were built in the era of mass-produced houses and strip-malls. It's a bit disgusting really and I can't wait to move. Anyway, one of the lovely exceptions in MacAlpine's Soda Fountain near downtown Phoenix! It was founded in 1928 and still has a lot of original stuff. I've only been there once before but my family went there today after I took the SATs to celebrate the end of the school year. Oh my goodness! It is amazing!
I simply cannot understand why people don't make phosphates anymore! I got a lime flavored one today and it was one of the most delicious things I've had in a while!

There's also a wonderful little vintage shop next door. I bought my first vintage piece ever here last time I came. It was a hat that reminded me of Audrey Hepburn.

I LOVE this giant yellow, plastic phone with a random chalkboard on the side with all my heart!
A tree of beautiful vintage hats! Oh how I wish I had one of these!
This was my favorite hat that I found and I probably would've gotten it except that it was a tad broken and I already have too many hats for not being able to wear them to school anyway.


And then my outfit was rather boring today. As I mentioned earlier, I took the SAT today so I had to dress for comfort. God I love this dress! It looks great and then it's one of my most comfortable outfits too. I don't put much stock in comfort but it's nice if you can look nice when you need to feel good too.
Sunglasses: Foster Grant via Walgreens, Dress: Ruche, Necklace: Etsy, Socks: Target, Shoes: Converse


No comments:

Post a Comment