Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mixing Patterns

Lately, with the season premier of Project Runway approaching, Lifetime has been having extensive Project Runway marathons. Last Thurseday and this Thurseday, they showed Season 8, my favorite, with Mondo Guerra who (and I know this might be a little juvenile since he's famous for a TV show) is my favorite designer today. With somewhat of a Project Runway/Mondo Guerra overload, I've been trying to experiment with his signature genius: mixing patterns and colors. Personally, I have a lot of trouble with this and oh how I would like to be able to do it well. Today I think I did an ok job with a striped shirt, multi-polka dotted skirt, and geometrical tights. Now I just need to work on adding color into the mix rather than just a dash of turquoise eyeliner and turquoise watch.
Shirt: Forever21
Skirt: Delia*s
Tights: Target
Watch: Anais
Shoes: Converse


No comments:

Post a Comment