Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Little Blue Dress

This dress was the first piece of clothing I bought in France. I bought it at Le Marche de Piraillan (I'm sorry. There should be an accent on that e) which was a few minutes away from my host family's vacation home. We went there almost every day if we didn't go to the one in the actual Cap Ferret. It was rather a harrowing experience. I saw it hanging on a rack and told the woman in my host family I thought it was "tres jolie" (very pretty) and she rushed me into putting it on over my current dress, hunting down a mirror, and then told the woman that I would buy it. I'm not sure if I would have, actually, if somebody else hadn't made the decision, but I quite like this dress. The woman at the store said it was from a famous european designer. I wonder.
 Anyway, it reminds me a little of Twiggy, a shapeless shape that I'm always kind of wanting to try. I already have her hair now, so why not try her signature style? I always chicken out, though, and use a belt. Today, however, I went for it and made myself a perfect rectangle with some knee socks! I know the shoes don't match terribly but they're my only pair of high high heels. Another thing about this dress: I actually like my tan with it. It brings out its nice, baby blue color.
Dress: D. Dikate
Socks: Gap
Shoes: Madden Girl
Also, is it just me, or does this dress quite similar to this one (that I've been completely in love with for a while) from Family Affairs? The resemblance was one of the reasons I was first drawn to it. I don't know. Maybe I'm just crazy.
5 Cry Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment