Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Quest Away from Conformity is Surely Noble

I have a bit of an obsession with being a non-conformist. It's actually rather rediculous, I will readily admit that. The whole point of being a non-conformist is that you like what you like and you do what you do regardless of what other people like or do. I have a rather large tendency, however, to purposefully go the opposite direction of where the masses are headed, rendering the term "non-conformist" meaningless. Rather than being independent of society, it makes life equally dependent on it as those who go with the flow, just in the exact opposite manner. I do dress the way I do, though, because I like it that way. If there is a popular trend going around that I like, I will partake. Perhaps this makes my fahsion sense the only true independent thing about me? Food for thought.
Bowtie: Ruche
Shirt: Second Hand
Skirt: Target
Tights: Target
Shoes: Converse

3 comments:

  1. so cute! btw, i love the dog reflection in the last picture hah. I'm not sure if i have sent you this link yet, but i think you would like her blog: http://scathingly-brilliant.blogspot.com/#axzz1YGegLoZ3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've already read scathingly brilliant a few times. I really like her fashion sense but I don't think her commentary is teribly interesting. I mostly just follow her on flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see, yea i still haven't found any other bloggers that i am totally in love with. I'm going to keep searching!

    ReplyDelete