Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bits of White Engulfed in Black

My International Baccelaureate English class is making me a tad insane when it comes annalizing everything. I just typed my little made up title for this outfit while looking at my skirt and my mind immediately, on its own, came up with a deeper meaning to the phrase. Oh! The darkness that dominates the skirt represents the dark times that we all live in and the little speckles of white represent the tiny little pieces of hope that we must cling to. They bring character to the skirt rather than if it was just all black. One must also realize that the darkness of the skirt brings character to it as well, rather than if it was all white. Therefore, in one's life, we need both edges of the spectrum: despair and hope. Their contrast is what keeps us interested in this life. I just found the true meaning of polka dots (just kiding).
 Bow: Forever21
Shirt: Forever21
Necklace: Etsy
Skirt: Target
Socks: Target
Shoes: Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment