Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is my first Valentine's Day with a boyfriend. Usually this day is more of a celebration of cynicism and frustration for me as I observe from the sidelines a life I'd never had-- one where boys and girls spill out their wallets into commcercial endevers more easily expressive than the human soul, thus only proving to myself the inexistance of love and the security of my lonliness. I have to say, while my boyfriend, over the course of the few months we've been together, has considerably weakened my cycnicism, has not completely lifted my attitude towards this day. He did not get me anything, which I liked, but I still watched all the girls around me silently compete with each other over who got the biggest teddy bear or the most expensive gift. The idea of a day celebrating love is certainly a noble one, but must it, like so many things in our 21st century lives, be turned into a display of emotions through capitalism imported from China?


I believe I'll take Arizona's anniversary instead (the state is 100 today).
Sunglasses: Kiss
Dress: ChicWish
Tights: Target
Shoes: Fergalicious
He did get me these lovely flowers at my dance concert last Thurseday though.

No comments:

Post a Comment