Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

These Pants Are the Shit

God I love these pants! I got them at a vintage booth at a flee market in Tulsa last spring run by a women dressed slightly like a cowgirl who coo'd over my fashion sense with her charming tinge of an accent the whole time I browsed. They just have such a rediculous amount to love. The stripes, the bells, the immense length (they cover my belly button and I have to wear heels because they're so long), the tag that says "his for her, don't envy his, wear them," the stitches indicating they were probably hand sewn. People always have a mulitude of reactions to them. Some just think they're weird, while others just really, really like them. One girl, while I was walking to history, yelled "Woo! Girl, you work those pants!!" which was quite funny, but my favorite, by far, today was a random boy who walked up behind and yelled "AAAAAAAWWWWW FUUUUUCK! Those pants are THE SHIT!!" Thank you, sir. These pants are the shit.

Shirt: Delia*s
Pants: Vintage
Socks: Target
Shoes: Euro Step
Also, I don't know if it's just because I live in Arizona where the sun insists on shining daily, but I have the softest spot in my heart for cloud cover. I think it is the most beatiful kind of weather there is. It's slight shadow over everyone and everything just feels like it's oozing some sort of mysterious beauty. Perfectly clear, sunny skies are just too synonemous with happiness. I'd take gray, melancholic scenery any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment