Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reminiscing the Victorians

This outfit somehow reminds me of the Victorians (or maybe I'm thinking of the Edwardians, I'm not quite sure). I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the cut of this dress whose cut tries to emphasize an hourglass figure that I don't really have, mimicking a type of painless corset. Or maybe it's the lace up shoe that somehow reminds me of the boots that Anne Shirley wore in the Anne of Green Gables movie (I did an annotation on that book in French today by the way. One of the odder assignment I've ever had). Perhaps it is the slightly raised collar of my button down or the fluffy bowtie that rests at its opening. Whatever it is, I dare say I like the comparison.
Shirt: Ross
Bowtie: Ruche
Dress: Ruche
Socks: KB
Shoes: Euro Step

No comments:

Post a Comment